A global leader in the manufacture of advanced motion solutions for industrial applications
Dunkermotoren was acquired by Triton Fund III in December 2009
Dunkermotoren is a global leader in the manufacture of advanced motion solutions for industrial applications. Founded in 1950, the company has a significant history and expertise in the development and production of highly engineered, niche motion solutions. Dunkermotoren’s electric motors, drives and customised drive products serve a wide range of markets including: industrial automation, medical equipment, door automation, sun protection, motive and basic automation. Uses range from bus, train and sliding doors, ATM dispensers, MRI scanners to solar panels and sun blind adjusters. Triton acquired Dunkermotoren from Alcatel-Lucent.
Triton sold Dunkermotoren to AMETEK Inc. in May 2012.
- Initiated a robust turnaround programme
- Introduced new financial reporting systems and improvements in areas such as procurement led to increased effectiveness and reduced costs
- Upgraded the sales force through strategic investments in Europe, the US and Asia
- Enabled customisation of products for local markets by opening technical centres in China and the US
- Increased production capacity and optimised competitiveness on high volume products by opening of a plant in Serbia
- Expanded the range of customised solutions through the acquisition of the British firm Copley Motion in 2011